Please keep in mind that some of these materials require updating and
these setup instructions are now outdated.
To achieve maximum benefit from DISCUSS units please note the following:
- Units contain certain features currently only supported by Microsoft
Internet Explorer (Version 4.0+).
- DISCUSS makes extensive use of Microsoft Excel (Version 97+) for interactive
activities. If you do not have access to Excel, either on your computer
or via a network, you will be unable to run these interactive elements.
- Materials utilise the whole screen area, so for best results you should
maximise the browser window and use the View option on the
browser's main menu to remove the status bar and any non-essential toolbars.
- Many of the Excel spreadsheets use sophisticated calculation techniques
which will not function correctly if other Excel files are open. You
are advised to close down all Excel files before running DISCUSS.
- A few of the Excel-based options utilise macros and a warning to this
effect is given when the file is loaded. You can be assured that these
macros are from a reliable source and should not contain viruses. However,
the authors cannot accept responsibility for any consequences arising
from use of this software.
Authored by Neville Hunt, Sidney Tyrrell.
Last content update: 24 March 2003.